High performance NAS optimized for intensive workloads
Our Price: $511.00
Synology DiskStation DS718+ features a quad-core processor with AES-NI hardware encryption engine, providing outstanding performance and data encryption acceleration along with real-time transcoding of 4K content. DS718+ is ideal for protecting critical assets, and sharing files across different platforms. Synology DS718+ is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
- Powerful 2-bay all-round storage solution for small businesses
- Encrypted sequential throughput performance at over 226 MB/s reading and 184 MB/s writing
- Quad-core processor with AES-NI hardware encryption engine
- Dual 1GbE LAN with failover and Link Aggregation support
- Scalable up to 7 drives with Synology DX517
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Two channels H.265/H.264 support 4K video transcoding on the fly
Compact yet Powerful Storage Solution
DS718+ is designed for small or growing businesses pursuing a compact and powerful shared storage solution, offering the flexibility to expand the 2 GB RAM to up to 6 GB RAM to process intensive workloads. Featuring a quad-core 1.5 GHz processor with a burst frequency of 2.3 GHz, DS718+ delivers up to 226 MB/s reading and 188 MB/s writing under RAID 1 configuration, and delivers up to 226 MB/s reading and 184 MB/s writing even under encrypted data transmission.
DS718+ comes with three USB 3.0 ports and dual Gigabit LAN ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation modes. The 2-bay DS718+ can support up to 7 drives with Synology DX517 expansion unit.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), DS718+ comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for small or growing businesses:
- Windows AD and LDAP support allow easy integration with existing business directory services, without needing to recreate user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing DS718+ to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and Synology File Station, a web-based file explorer. HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected with a high level of security.
- Application Privileges controls access to applications and packages based on each individual account, user group, or IP address.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server, while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
- The powerful Collaboration Suite integrates Synology Office, Calendar, and Chat, ensuring secure and effective private communications and allowing your organizations to easily manage and control the relevant content.
Personal Multimedia Library
Synology DiskStation DS718+ features real-time H.264/H.265 4K video transcoding of up to two channels, bringing comprehensive support to the latest multimedia file formats and contents and allowing easy file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. With Video Station, you can organize personal digital video library with comprehensive media information and watch 4K Ultra HD movies and films. Photo Station allows you to effortlessly organize photos into customized categories, smart albums and blog posts, and link them to social networking websites within a few clicks. Audio Station comes with Internet radio and lossless audio formats support and provides music playback via DLNA or AirPlay-compliant devices.
24/7 Smart Security Solution
Featuring user-friendly video management tools and an intuitive desktop-like interface, Synology Surveillance Station is a reliable private-security solution that can support multiple IP cameras connected to DS718+. Surveillance Station features optimized live view together with streamlined real-time monitoring. Its powerful analytics, such as motion detection and alert notification, allows you to stay informed of any suspicious activity with triggers sent via SMS, e-mail, and DS cam mobile application.
Flexible scalability meeting growing needs
Powered by an Intel Celeron J3455 quad-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption engine, DS718+ delivers excellent file transfer speeds. With the scalability to expand up to 7 drives with Synology Expansion Unit DX517 and the support for real-time 4K/1080p video transcoding, DS718+ is ideal for centralizing data backup and storing ultra-high definition media contents.
Next-generation file system for better data protection
The Btrfs file system introduces advanced storage technologies and optimized snapshots to prevent data corruption and reduce maintenance overhead. While ensuring high-level data integrity, it also offers flexible, efficient data protection and recovery tools.
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Ultimate file management and sharing
File Station is a web-based, fast and secure management tool built to allow easy, drag-and-drop operation without requiring any complex setup on Mac or PC. Advanced search and filtering tools allow for easy organization and sharing of files with just a link. Supports SMB, FTP, AFP, NFS, WebDAV, compatible with any environment.
Synchronize files across your devices
Cloud Station Suite provides real-time data synchronization across all your devices, such as computers, mobile devices, and other Synology NAS whenever a file is modified. "Intelliversioning" keeps the most important file versions to better utilize storage space.
Cloud Station Sharesync
Cloud Station Drive
Cloud Station Server
Real-time collaboration on your private cloud
Office is a collaboration package combining the convenience and usability of public clouds with the data privacy and security guaranteed by private clouds. It allows you to work seamlessly together on documents and spreadsheets in a protected environment.
4K Multimedia Server
Access and stream your 4K media content anytime and anywhere. DS218+ supports 4K H.264/H.265 online transcoding via Video Station and DS video, allowing 4K videos to be converted and played on the fly on other computers, smartphones, and media players that originally do not support Ultra HD formats.
Powered by Synology DSM
Complete surveillance solution for recording, monitoring, and management.
Simplified backup solution for your Mac, PC, and mobile devices.
Store multiple backup versions with block-level incremental data backup and cross-version deduplication.
Award-winning operating system with an intuitive user interface and powerful capabilities.
Comprehensive built-in security tools are constantly updated to tackle evolving threats and protect your devices.
Save additional investment by integrating various network services, web/mail services, management applications into your NAS.
- Drive status indicator
- Drive tray lock
- Status indicator
- LAN indicator
- USB copy button
- USB 3.0 port
- Power button and indicator
- 1GbE RJ-45 port
- Power port
- Reset button
- USB 3.0 port
- Kensington Security Slot
- eSATA port
|CPU Model||Intel Celeron J3455|
|CPU Frequency||Quad Core 1.5 burst up to 2.3 GHz|
|Hardware Encryption Engine|
|Hardware Transcoding Engine||H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-2 and VC-1; maximum resolution: 4K (4096 x 2160); maximum frame rate per second (FPS): 30|
|System Memory||2 GB DDR3L|
|Memory Module Pre-installed||2GB (1 x 2GB)|
|Total Memory Slots||2|
|Memory Expandable up to||6 GB (2 GB + 4 GB)|
|Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||7|
|Compatible Drive Type||
|Maximum Internal Raw Capacity||20 TB (10 TB drive x 2) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units||70 TB (10 TB drive x 7) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Maximum Single Volume Size||108 TB|
|Hot Swappable Drive|
|RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port||2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)|
|USB 3.0 Port||3|
|Size (Height X Width X Depth)||157 mm x 103.5 mm x 232 mm|
|System Fan||92 mm x 92 mm x 1 pcs|
|Fan Speed Mode||
|Brightness adjustable front LED indicators|
|Noise Level||18.4 dB(A)|
|Scheduled Power On/Off|
|Wake on LAN/WAN|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||65W|
|AC Input Power Voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz, Single Phase|
|Power Consumption||20.1 W (Access)
9.1 W (HDD Hibernation)
|British Thermal Unit||68.58 BTU/hr (Access)
31.05 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Warranty||3 Years Hardware Warranty|
|Notes||Power consumption is measured when fully loaded with Western Digital 1TB WD10EFRX hard drive(s).|
|General DSM Specifications:|
|Networking protocol||SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN , L2TP)|
|Supported RAID type||Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR), Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10|
|File sharing capability||
|Privilege||Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 6, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix, OpenStack|
|Directory service||Windows AD Integration: Domain Users login via Samba (CIFS)/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 6, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix, OpenStack|
|Security||Firewall, Encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, Rsync over SSH, Login auto block, Let's Encrypt support, HTTPS (customizable cipher suite)|
|Supported client||Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X 10.11 onwards|
|Supported browser||Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer: 10 onwards, Safari 10 onwards, Safari (iOS 10 onwards on iPad), Chrome (Android 6.0 onwards on tablets)|
|Language||English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar, Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český|
|Packages and Applications:|
|File Station||Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compress/extract archived files, bandwidth control for specific users or groups, create sharing links, transfer logs|
|FTP Server||Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocols, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs|
|Universal Search||Offer global search into applications and files|
|Hyper Backup||Support local backup, network backup, and backup data to public clouds|
|Active Backup for Server||Centralize data backup for Windows and Linux servers without client installation|
|Backup tool||DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Cloud Station Backup
Shared folder sync - maximum task number: 8
|Cloud Station Suite||Sync your data between multiple platforms by installing client utilities on Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS devices, while retaining up to 32 historical versions of files
Maximum concurrent file transfer: 500
|Cloud Sync||One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible storage, Baidu cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack Swift-compatible storage, WebDAV servers, and Yandex Disk|
|Surveillance Station||Maximum IP camera: 40 (total of 1,200 FPS at 720p, H.264) (Includes two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|Virtual Machine Manager||Deploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM|
|High Availability Manager||Reduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster|
|Active Directory Server||Provide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution|
|CMS||Provide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS|
|VPN Server||Maximum connection: 20, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec|
|MailPlus||Intuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server, customizable mail labels, filters, and user interface|
|MailPlus Server||Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (includes 5 free email account licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|Note Station||Rich-text note organization with versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments|
|Storage Analyzer||Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, largest/most/least frequently modified files|
|Security Advisor||Malware detection/removal, user account/password, network, system-related security scan|
|Antivirus Essential||Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto update|
|Download Station||Supported download protocols: BT, HTTP, FTP, NZB, eMule, Thunder, FlashGet, QQDL
Maximum concurrent download task: 80
|Web Station||Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP / MariaDB, third-party applications support|
|Other packages||Video Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, DNS Server, RADIUS Server, iTunes Server, Log Center, third-party packages available on Package Center|
|iOS/Android applications||DS audio, DS cam, DS cloud, DS file, DS finder, DS get, DS note, DS photo, DS video, MailPlus|
|Windows Phone applications||DS audio, DS file, DS finder, DS get, DS photo, DS video|
|Environment & Packaging:|
*Model specifications are subject to change without notice. Please refer to www.synology.com for the latest information.
1 Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage, and configuration.
2 DS718+ supports one Synology DX517, sold separately.
3 DS718+ can transcode 4K video to 1080p or lower. The maximum number of concurrent video transcoding channels supported may vary depending on the video codec, resolution, bitrate and FPS.
4 exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
Synology strives to enhance the performance of our NAS with every software update, even long after a product is launched. For enterprises and users that demand uncompromising performance from their servers, check the figures below to find the most suitable choice.
1GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput (64KB)
1GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput via Encrypted Shared Folder (64KB)
1GbE SMB - Windows File Transfer (3GB file x 1)
1GbE SMB - Windows File Transfer (1MB file x 3000)
1GbE SM - Windows File Transfer via Encrypted Shared Folder (3GB file x 1)
1GbE SMB - Windows File Transfer via Encrypted Shared Folder (1MB file x 3000)
1GbE AFP - Mac File Transfer (3GB file x 1)
1GbE AFP - Mac File Transfer (1MB file x 3000)
1GbE Web Server - PHP Response Efficiency
|Responses per second||4502.74||13329.55||8763.35||4481.41||8920.13||4632.2||765.5|
- Operating System: DSM 6.1
- Volume Type: RAID 5 (4 bay), RAID 1 (2 bay), Basic (1 bay)
- DS416slim: Fully loaded with Intel 535 Series 240GB SSDSC2BW240H6 SSD
- Other models: Fully loaded with Seagate ST6000VN0001 6TB HDD
- File System:
- [1-bay] DS118, DS115j
- [2-bay] RS217, DS216, DS218play, DS218j, DS216se
- [4-bay] RS816, DS418, DS418j, DS416slim
- [2-bay] DS718+, DS218+
- [4-bay] RS815(RP)+, DS918+, DS418play
- 1GbE Network Environments:
- For models with single 1GbE LAN port: MTU 1500; connected to 1 client PC via HP 2530-48G switch
- For models with multiple 1GbE LAN ports: Link Aggregation is enabled for Sequential Throughput tests; MTU 1500; connected to client PCs via HP 2530-48G switch
- 1GbE SMB Network Environments:
- For NAS models with single 1GbE LAN port: Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz; 32GB DDR3-1866; RAMdisk with 14GB source partition and 14GB target partition; Intel Gigabit CT; MTU 1500; Windows 7 64-bit
- For NAS models with multiple 1GbE LAN ports: Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz; 4GB DDR3-1600; Intel 520 (120GB) SSD x 2; striped volume; Intel Gigabit CT; MTU 1500; Windows 7 64-bit
- IOMeter setting for Sequential Throughput tests: Continuously read from/write to a single 8GB file for 3 minutes; Block size: 64KB
- 1GbE Web Server Network Environment:
- Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHz; 16GB DDR4-2133; Intel Gigabit CT; MTU 1500; Ubuntu 16.04
- (php) wrk -t 8 -c [10-250] -d 60s -H "Host: benchmark"http://DS_IP/echo.php
- 1GbE AFP Network Environment: Mac Mini; 2.3GHz 4 core Intel Core i7; 16GB DDR3-1600; RAMdisk with 7GB source partition and 4GB target partition; MTU 1500; OSX 10.9
- Performance figures are achieved in the Synology lab by using very powerful client computers with optimized network settings, and could vary in different environments. Regular office desktop or notebook computers may not be able to reproduce these figures.
Download the Synology DiskStation DS718+ Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $511.00