High performance all-flash NAS designed for I/O-intensive and latency-sensitive applications
Sorry, this product is no longer available. Please contact us for more information.
Designed for I/O-intensive and latency sensitive environments, Synology FlashStation FS2017 provides reliable, high performance all-flash storage solution with comprehensive business applications for enterprise users. Synology FlashStation FS2017 simplifies data management and optimizes virtualization environments, providing lightning-fast storage. Synology FS2017 is backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty.
- 90K 4K Random Write IOPS1 , high performance with low latency
- Intel Xeon 8-core CPU and 16GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM, expandable up to 128GB
- Dual onboard 10GBase-T ports, capable of installing optional 10GbE / 25GbE / 40GbE NICs
- Complete virtualization solution for VMware, Windows Hyper-V, Citrix and OpenStack
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Scale up to 72 drives with 2 x Synology Expansion Unit RX2417sas
- Backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty & Synology Replacement Service (SRS)
Powered by an Intel Xeon D-1541 eight-core processor and 16GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (up to 128GB), Synology FS2017 delivers over 90K 4K Random Write IOPS1 , making it ideal for video post-production, mail server, virtualization and database solutions, which require low-latency and ultra-high performance.
FS2017 comes with dual 10GBase-T ports and supports optional 10GbE / 25GbE / 40GbE network interface cards, allowing flexible, high-performance network configurations.
Cost Effective Unified Storage
Synology FS2017 is compatible with major SAS / SATA SSD brands to avoid vendor lock-in. FS2017 is also a unified storage server supporting iSCSI protocol and file sharing services, which provides the cost savings and simplicity of consolidating storage over an existing network while providing the flexibility required by virtual server environments. In addition to the internal 24 drive bays, FS2017 supports up to two Synology RX2417sas expansion units to provide a total of 72 2.5" drive bays for scalability.
FS2017 provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V, and OpenStack. With VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration certified, FS2017 helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computing power for unparalleled performance and efficiency in VMware environments. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) and Synology Advanced LUN support greatly improves the efficiency on massive data transfer and migration. With OpenStack support, FS2017 can be used as a block-based storage component for servers complying with the Cinder API.
Rock-Solid Data Protection
The Snapshot Replication application provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection. It replicates 65,000 system-wide backup copies to offsite servers and local volumes, bringing near-instantaneous data protection and ensuring data in shared folders or virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs remain available in the event of a disaster.
With block-level incremental backup and cross-version deduplication, Synology Hyper Backup provides multi-version backup with optimized storage space utilization and allows multiple backup destinations to local shared folders, external hard drives, network shared folders, rsync server, and public cloud services.
Comprehensive Business Applications
Powered by the innovative Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), FS2017 comes fully-equipped with applications and features designed specifically for large-scale business:
- Windows AD and LDAP support allowing easy integration with existing business directory services without recreating user accounts.
- Windows ACL support provides fine-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing FS3017 to fit seamlessly into current infrastructure.
- MailPlus allows your business to set up a secure, reliable, and private mail server while giving your employees a modern mail client for receiving and sending messages.
Reliability and System Availability
System reliability is of paramount importance to businesses which depend upon their commercial servers every day. FS2017 responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transition between clustered servers in the event of one node failing with minimal impact to applications.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans, and multiple network ports with failover support ensure maximum continuous service uptime.
- DDR4 ECC RDIMM detects and corrects errors during data transmission.
- The tool-free system fan design allows hot swapping and simple exchanging of malfunctioned system fans. Optional Synology RKS1317 rail kit provides fast and easy system installation and maintenance.
Faster performance, greater scalability, and easier management
Synology FlashStation FS2017 is a high performance 24-bay rackmount NAS designed for 2.5" SSDs. FS2017 brings easy to manage, lightning-fast storage, perfect for video post-productions, mail servers, virtualization environments, and database applications.
Due to the peculiarities of SSD and RAID technology, a common challenge lies in how to prevent all of the drives from failing at the same time because of the evenly distributed workload. RAID F1 alleviates this problem with a specially designed algorithm to unevenly distribute workload to drives, enhancing the resilience of the storage pool and ensuring your data remains safe.
Compared with traditional RAID, RAID F1 distributes uneven workload to SSDs to prevent all drives from wearing out simultaneously.
Fast and reliable networking
With the multi-LAN design, FS2017 is capable of performing Link Aggregation and failover. For environments requiring a higher speed, an optional Ethernet add-on card can be installed into the PCIe slot, providing fast data transmission of 40GbE/25GbE/10GbE.
Btrfs: Next generation storage efficiency
Btrfs file system introduces the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 1,024 shared folder backups and 65,000 system-wide snapshots
- File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Fully certified storage virtualization solutions
Synology iSCSI storage fully supports most virtualization solutions to enhance work efficiency with easy management interface. VMware vSphere 6 and VAAI integration helps offload storage operations and optimizes computation efficiency. Windows Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX) speeds up data transfer and migration rate. OpenStack Cinder support turns your Synology NAS into a block-based storage component.
5 year warranty
Synology's 5-year limited warranty provides hardware replacement and technical support via email and telephone services, maximizing your enterprises' return on investment.
Powered by Synology DSM
Provides schedulable and instantaneous data protection for shared folders and virtual machines on iSCSI LUNs in the event of disaster.
Synology High Availability
Ensures seamless service transition between clustered servers in the event of a server failure.
Store multiple backup versions with block-level incremental data backup and cross-version deduplication.
Manage multiple Synology NAS servers simultaneously on a centralized interface to increase business efficiency.
Cloud Station Suite
Synchronize cross-platform data automatically with file version control on all your devices.
Secure, reliable, and private mail server solution with an intuitive and modern mail client.
- Power button and indicator
- Beep off button
- Drive status indicator
- Drive tray
- Power port
- PSU indicator
- PSU fan
- Console port
- 1GbE RJ-45 port
- 10GbE RJ-45 port
- USB 3.0 port
- PCIe 3.0 slot
- Expansion port
- Reset button
|CPU Model||Intel Xeon D-1541|
|CPU Frequency||8-Core 2.1 (base) / 2.7 (turbo) GHz|
|Hardware Encryption Engine|
|System Memory||16 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM|
|Memory Module Pre-installed||16GB (1 x 16GB)|
|Total Memory Slots||4|
|Memory Expandable up to||128GB (32 GB x 4)|
|Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit||48 (RX1217sas) / 72 (RX2417sas)|
|Compatible Drive Type||
|Maximum Internal Raw Capacity||92.16 TB (3.84 TB drive x 24) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units||276.48 TB (3.84 TB drive x 72) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)|
|Maximum Single Volume Size||
|Hot Swappable Drive|
|RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port||4 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)|
|RJ-45 10GbE LAN Port||2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)|
|USB 3.0 Port||2|
|PCIe Expansion||1 x Gen3 x8 slot (x8 link)|
|Add-in-card support||PCIe Network Interface Card|
|Notes||exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.|
|Size (Height X Width X Depth)||88 mm x 482 mm x 724 mm|
|System Fan||80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs|
|Fan Speed Mode||
|Easy Replacement System Fan|
|Noise Level||57 dB(A)|
|Scheduled Power On/Off|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||2 X 500W|
|AC Input Power Voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz, Single Phase|
|Power Consumption*||313 W (Access)
126 W (HDD Hibernation)
|British Thermal Unit||1068 BTU/hr (Access)
430 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
|Redundant Power Supply (for xs+ and RP model)|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Networking protocol||CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP)|
|Supported RAID type||Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID F1|
|File sharing capability||
|Privilege||Windows Access Control List (ACL)|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 6, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix, OpenStack|
|Directory service||Windows AD integration: Domain users login via Samba (CIFS) / AFP / FTP / File Station, LDAP integration|
|Security||FTP over SSL / TLS, IP auto-block, firewall, encrypted network backup over Rsync, HTTPS connection|
|Utilities||Synology Web Assistant, Cloud Station Drive, Cloud Station Backup, Cloud Sync Decryption Tool, Evidence Integrity Authenticator, Snapshot Manager for VMware, Snapshot Manager for Windows, NFS Plug-in for VMware VAAI|
|Supported client||Windows 7 onward, Mac OS X 10.10 onwards|
|Supported browser||Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 9 onwards, Safari 8 onwards; Safari (iOS 7 onwards), Chrome (Android 4.0 onwards) on tablets|
|Interface language||English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano, Español, Dansk, Norsk, Svensk, Nederlands, Русский, Polski, Magyar, Português do Brasil, Português Europeu, Türkçe, Český|
|File Station||Virtual drives, remote folders, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users/groups, creating sharing links, transfer logs|
|Backup solutions||Network backup; local backup; desktop backup; configuration backup; OS X Time Machine; backup data to public cloud; shared folder sync - maximum task number: 32|
|FTP Server||Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs|
|High Availability Manager||Combines two FS3017 into one high-availability cluster|
|Security Advisor||Malware detection / removal, user account / password, network, system-related security scan|
|iOS/Android applications||DS cloud, DS file, DS finder, DS cam, DS note, MailPlus|
|Windows Phone applications||DS file, DS finder|
|Antivirus Essential||Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto update|
|Cloud Station Suite||Maximum concurrent file transfers: 8,000, retain historical and deleted file versions|
|Cloud Sync||One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Amazon Cloud Drive, Amazon S3-compatible storage, Baiduyun, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, Megafon Disk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack Swift-compatible storage, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk|
|Log Center||SSL connection, log rotation: 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, email notification|
|MailPlus||Intuitive webmail interface for MailPlus Server; customizable mail labels, filters and user interface|
|MailPlus Server||Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with High-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (Includes 5 free email account licenses, additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|Note Station||Rich-text note organization and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments|
|Storage Analyzer||Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, largest/most/least frequently modified files|
|Surveillance Station||Maximum IP camera: 100 (total of 3,000 FPS at 720p, H.264) (Includes two free camera licenses, additional cameras require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|VPN Server||Maximum connections: 30; supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP|
|Web Station||Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB, third-party application support|
|Other packages||Additional 3rd-party packages are available on Package Center|
|Environment & Packaging:|
*Model specifications are subject to change without notice. Please refer to www.synology.com for the latest information.
1 Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage and configuration.
2 exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center
Synology strives to enhance the performance of our NAS with every software update, even long after a product is launched. For enterprises and users that demand uncompromising performance from their servers, check the figures below to find the most suitable choice.
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput (64KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential Throughput via Encrypted Shared Folder (64KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Sequential IOPS (4KB)
Aggregated 10GbE SMB - Random IOPS (4KB)
10GbE iSCSI - Random IOPS (4KB)
- Operating System: DSM 6.1
- Volume Type: RAID F1
- FS3017: Fully loaded with Intel DC S3710 series 800GB SSDSC2BA800G4 SATA SSD
- FS2017: Fully loaded with Intel DC S3710 series 200GB SSDSC2BA200G4 SATA SSD
- FS3017: 64GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (16GB x 4)
- FS2017: 32GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM (16GB x 2)
- File System:
- EXT4: FS3017
- Btrfs: FS2017
- Aggregated 10GbE SMB network environment:
- FS3017: 6 x 10GbE ports (built-in 10GbE ports + 2 x Intel X540-T2 NIC)
- FS2017: 4 x 10GbE ports (built-in 10GbE ports + 1 x Intel X540-T2 NIC)
- MTU 9000; connected to client PCs via Netgear M4300-24X24F switch
- 10GbE iSCSI network environment
- FS3017: 2 x Synology E10G17-F2 NIC with iSCSI over RDMA enabled
- FS2017: 1 x Synology E10G17-F2 NIC with iSCSI over RDMA enabled
- 16GB File LUN; MTU 9000; connected to client PCs via Netgear M4300-24X24F switch
- Aggregated 10GbE SMB network environment: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz; 4GB DDR3-1600; Synology E10G17-F2 NIC; MTU 9000; Windows 7 64 bit
- 10GbE iSCSI network environment: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz; 4GB DDR3-1600; Synology E10G17-F2 NIC; MTU 9000; Ubuntu 15.04
- IOMeter configuration: Continuously read from/write to a single 16GB file for 3 minutes; Block size: 64KB for SMB, 4KB for IOPS and iSCSI
- Performance figures are achieved in the Synology lab by using very powerful client computers with optimized network settings, and could vary in different environments. Regular office desktop or notebook computers may not be able to reproduce these figures.
Download the Synology FlashStation FS2017 Datasheet (PDF).