Solutions for Backup, Storage and File Management
In today's information oriented world, data is important and valuable to businesses large and small. To ensure that data is protected from catastrophic disasters such as fire, flood, burglary, a remote off-site backup is required.
Today, there is a cornucopia of ways to backing up data off-site, such methods include a cost per gigabyte per month service to a third-party service; or a highly disciplined individual who will backup the important data and carry the backup off site; or hiring an expensive consultant who purchase expensive software and manage it on expensive PCs.
All Synology Servers support remote backup, entitled as Network Backup. A small office can utilize two Synology Servers to have one server backup to another server remotely. This embedded Network Backup function has the following benefits:
- Economical: There are no monthly service fees with the Synology product; users can backup as much data for their needs. Capacity near limitless as users can upgrade their disk when needed.
- Easy-to-Use: Using Synology's intuitive web user interface, users can easily create backup tasks, without the need for extensive computer knowledge.
- Auto-email Notification: The Synology Email Notification will inform the administrator should the backup fail, along with other notifications, such as RAID volume full, defective sectors. This allows the administrator to take the appropriate action before permanent damage on the data occurs.
- Scheduled Backup: Synology's Network Backup allows the creation for automated scheduled backups; this eliminates the need for a disciplined individual to manage the data backup.
- rsync Support: Users can backup Synology Servers to another Syology server or another rsync server and vice-versa. The rsync server can be either a Linux or Windows platform, running the rsync service, such as DeltaCopy for Windows. This gives maximum flexibility for IT professionals to implement their backup plan.
With Synology's economical and easy to use Network Backup, small businesses can now begin to enjoy remote backup functions that were originally only available for enterprise customers. Enterprise customers can easily incorporate Synology’s Network Backup with their backup plan given the high diversity of rsync capabilities.