High Performance 1U Rackmount NAS for Effective Data Storage and Management
Our Price: $899.00
Our Price: $1,249.00
Synology RackStation RS820+/ RS820RP+ is an ideal network-attached storage solution for centralizing data management. Powered by a 4-core processor, RS820+/RS820RP+ provides both high performance and scalable storage, ideal for file sharing across different platforms and data backup. Synology RS820+/RS820RP+ is backed by Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
- 4-core, 2.1 GHz CPU with AES-NI support. 2 GB DDR4 memory expandable up to 18 GB
- Outstanding 10GbE sequential performance at over 1,621 MB/s reading and 599 MB/s writing
- Scale up to 8 drives with Synology Expansion Unit RX4183
- One PCIe 3.0 slot for an optional 10GbE add-in network interface card, or an M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder
- Synology High Availability (SHA) providing continuous services with seamless transitioning between clustered servers
High Performance Storage with Scalability
Synology RS820+/RS820RP+ is a 1U rackmount 4-bay network-attached storage solution designed for businesses requiring an effective and centralized data management. It is equipped with a 4-core processor and 2 GB DDR4 memory, expandable up to 18 GB. The PCIe 3.0 slot supports an optional 10GbE add-in network interface card, or an M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card4, where the M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD cache can be used to boost system random IOPS.
With Link Aggregation enabled in a 10GbE environment, RS820+/ RS820RP+ delivers high sequential throughput at over 1,621 MB/s reading and 599 MB/s writing2. Storage capacity of RS820+/RS820RP+ can be further expanded with one optional Synology Expansion Unit RX4183, providing a raw capacity of up 128 TB with 8 drives in total.
Ultimate Backup Solution
RS820+/RS820RP+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any devices with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
- Workstation/Server/Virtual Machine/SaaS backup: Active Backup for Business centralizes backup tasks for virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers and offers various recovery options to ensure lowest RTO. Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premises backup solution for public clouds with a centralized dashboard, optimizing storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
- NAS backup: Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or Synology public cloud service, Synology C2 Backup5, to ensure data safety and availability can be achieved when a disaster happens
- Computer backup: Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop devices to safeguard important computer files. RS820+/RS820RP+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly back up your Mac to Synology NAS.
Btrfs: Next Generation Storage Efficiency
RS820+/RS820RP+ introduces Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern business:
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection of share folders and iSCSI LUNs.
- File and folder level data restoration brings great convenience and saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing allows Btrfs file system to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and to recover broken data using the supported RAID type of volumes, including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Reliability, Availability & Disaster Recovery
System reliability is critical for business everywhere. RS820+/RS820RP+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers in unexpected disasters and ensures that your services remain online.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring that your business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerized application data remain safe and available in a disaster.
- Redundant power supplies (RS820RP+ only), system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heat sink and passive cooling technology, prevents single points of failure.
- Optional 5-year warranty1 is available in select regions.
|CPU||Intel Atom C3538 4-core 2.1GHz|
|Hardware encryption engine||Yes (AES-NI)|
|Memory||2 GB DDR4 Non-ECC onboard (expandable up to 18 GB)|
|Compatible drive type||4 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD (drives not included)|
|Hot swappable drive||Yes|
|LAN||4 x Gigabit (RJ-45)|
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Yes|
|PCIe 3.0 slot||
|Scheduled power on/of||Yes|
|AC input power voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power frequency||50/60Hz, single phase|
|Operating temperature||0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F)|
|Storage temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)|
|Relative humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|Maximum operating altitude||5,000 m (16,400 ft)|
|General DSM Specification|
|Networking protocol||SMB, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN ™ , L2TP)|
|Supported RAID type||Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR), Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10|
|File sharing capabilit||
|Privilege||Windows Access Control List (ACL), application privilege|
|Directory service||Windows® AD integration: Domain users login via SMB/NFS/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration|
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere® 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V® , Citrix®, OpenStack®|
|Security||Firewall, encryption shared folder, SMB encryption, FTP over SSL/TLS, SFTP, rsync over SSH, login auto block, Let's Encrypt support, HTTPS (customizable cipher suite)|
|Supported client||Windows 7 onwards, Mac OS X® 10.11 onwards|
|Supported browser||Chrome®, Firefox®, Edge®, Internet Explorer® 10 onwards, Safari® 10 onwards; Safari (iOS 10 onwards), Chrome (Android™ 6.0 onwards) on tablets|
|File Server & Synchronization|
|Synology Drive||Provide a universal portal to synchronize your files across various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. The built-in universal portal allows you to access data anytime and anywhere.
|File Station||Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compressing/extracting archived files, bandwidth control for specific users or groups, creating sharing links, transfer logs|
|FTP Server||Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocol, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs|
|Presto File Server||High-speed data transfer over WAN with exclusive SITA technology between Synology NAS and desktop|
|Cloud Sync||One or two-way synchronization with public cloud storage providers including Alibaba Cloud OSS, Amazon Drive, Amazon S3-compatible storage, Backblaze B2, Baidu Cloud, Box, Dropbox, Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, hubiC, MegaDisk, Microsoft OneDrive, OpenStack Swift-compatible storage, Tencent COS, WebDAV servers, Yandex Disk|
|Universal Search||Offer global search into applications and files|
|iSCSI Storage & Virtualization|
|Virtual Machine Manager||Deploy and run various virtual machines on Synology NAS, including Windows, Linux, or Virtual DSM|
|Data Protection & Backup Solution|
|Hyper Backup||Support local backup, network backup, and backup data to public clouds|
|Backup tools||DSM configuration backup, macOS Time Machine support, Synology Drive Client desktop application Shared folder sync - maximum task number: 16|
|Synology High Availability||Reduce service downtime by setting up two identical NAS into one high-availability cluster|
|Active Backup for G Suite||Support G Suite My Drive and Team Drive backup and restoration|
|Active Backup for Office 36||Support Office 365 OneDrive for Business, mail, contacts, and calendar backup and restoration|
|Active Backup for Business||All-in-one backup solution designed for heterogeneous business IT environment, enabling IT admins to remotely manage and monitor protection over PC, servers and VM on one centralized console|
|Productivity & Collaboration|
|Collaboration tools||Collaborate with instant message service Synology Chat, online editor Synology Office, and scheduling assistant Synology Calendar
|Note Station||Rich-text note organization and versioning, encryption, sharing, media embedding and attachments|
|Synology MailPlus Server||Secure, reliable, and private mail solution with high-availability, load balancing, security and filtering design (includes 5 free email account licenses; additional accounts require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|Synology MailPlus||Intuitive webmail interface for Synology MailPlus Server, customizable mail labels, filters, and user interface|
|Moments||Support smart AI album with facial and subject recognition, photo editing and sharing features, similar photo detection, autoediting functions such as color correction and angle adjustments, and AI selection of the best photos. Mobile applications are available on iOS and Android devices.|
|Other packages||Video Station, Photo Station, Audio Station, iTunes® Server|
|Surveillance Station||Maximum IP camera: 40 (total of 1,200 FPS at 720p, H.264) (including two free camera licenses; additional cameras require the purchasing of additional licenses)|
|Synology Directory Server||Provide a flexible and cost-effective domain controller solution|
|Central Management System||Provide a single interface to manage and monitor multiple Synology NAS|
|VPN Server||Maximum connection: 30, supported VPN protocol: PPTP, OpenVPN™, L2TP/IPSec|
|Mail Server||Supported Mail Server Protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP, Support LDAP/AD account|
|Mail Station||Webmail interface for Mail Server to receive emails from multiple POP3 mailboxes, customizable SMTP server|
|Web Station||Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB®, third-party applications support|
|Other packages||DNS Server, RADIUS Server, Log Center|
|Storage Analyzer||Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, large files, most recently modified files, least recently accessed files|
|Antivirus Essential||Full system scan, scheduled scan, white list customization, virus definition auto update|
|Other packages||Additional 3rd-party packages available on Package Center|
|Environment and Packaging|
|Environment safety||RoHS compliant|
Download the Synology RackStation RS820+/RS820RP+ Datasheet (PDF).